Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yann in Rwanda (1) - Introduction

I am Yann Le Gouellec, Senior Engineer in the Operations section of GCWW’s Supply Division, and I will be blogging from Rwanda over the next two weeks. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute in improving drinking water and sanitation in Africa.  In the next posts, I will give my musings and observations about this 2-week assignment with Water for People.  Also be sure to check the GCWW’s YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/cincinnatiwater) for short videos that I will be taking while there. 


I landed in Kigali about 2-3 hours ago and headed straight to the hotel for  hopefully a good night sleep.  It's now 10:30 pm (7 hours ahead of Cincinnati) and it's been a long trip but not too grueling (all the planes were on time and it took about 24 hours to get there: Cincinnati to Washington DC, Washington DC to Bruxelles in Belgium, then on to Kigali).  Check the blog for another update tomorrow morning (2:00 or 3:00 am Cincinnati time). Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment